Pass the 2023 SHL Test With the Rapid SHL Masterclass
Become an SHL master in just four hours with expert guides & realistic mock exams
Rapid SHL Masterclass
The SHL test is used worldwide as a screening tool to filter out a majority of job applicants from ever the chance to start lucrative careers. It’s the single most significant impediment to getting your foot in the door with many major companies.
Here’s the good news: you’re no longer part of that majority.
Where most applicants taking the SHL flounder and fail, you’re on the path to achieving a very high score on your test and securing the next big step in your career. All you need is 4 hours of your time and the device you’re using to read this (any other internet-capable device will also do!) With these two components for success, Prepterminal’s Rapid SHL Masterclass will skyrocket your SHL test performance and help you pass the test with ease.
This course has been developed in collaboration with the same industry experts who write employment screening assessments for major test providers. By working directly with the experts who create these tests, we have created the fastest and most effective method for mastering the SHL test.
Other candidates who do not use the Rapid SHL Masterclass are at a major disadvantage – only around 15% end up passing the test, and even fewer continue to get the job. By contrast, those who use the Rapid SHL Masterclass enjoy an incredible 95% passing rate thanks to this game-changing tool.It’s that easy: sign up for the Rapid SHL Masterclass, sit down with it for four hours and your chances of passing the SHL test will go through the roof! Click on Get Started to begin your prep immediately, and you’ll be ready in just four hours.
Here are the most widely-used versions of the CEB SHL Test:
|Test Type||Number of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|SHL Verify G+||30||32-36|
|SHL Numerical Reasoning||18||17-25|
|SHL Inductive Reasoning||24||25|
|SHL Deductive Reasoning||18||20|
|SHL Verbal Reasoning||30||19|
|SHL Mechanical Reasoning||Varies|
|SHL Situational Judgment||30-50||Untimed|
The CEB SHL Test can be broadly categorized into two categories: cognitive testing and personality testing. Prepterminal’s Rapid SHL Mastery Course is the one-size-fits-all resource to prepare you for any SHL test. Within just a few hours, this modular course will prepare you from the ground up to fully master the SHL Test and pass the real exam with ease, with in-depth study guides featuring expert insights and realistic, timed mock tests.
Don’t leave your next big opportunity to chance – start studying today and guarantee your success!
What's in the CEB SHL Prep Course
- Information on how questions will be presented and constructed in your CEB SHL assessment so you’ll know precisely how to tackle CEB SHL assessment questions on the real exam
- A breakdown of the hidden logic behind CEB tests
- Strategies on how to overcome the testing traps created by the test designers, so you can prove to your employer that you have the skills for the job
Note that we are currently offering you the opportunity to take free SHL practice tests for numerical, verbal, inductive, deductive, mechanical, and situational judgment, with detailed SHL question answers.
See what your initial testing level is, so you can monitor your progress throughout our CEB test prep course. At the end of our CEB SHL prep course, you’ll be fully prepared to take on any question type when you sit the SHL.
About CEB SHL
The company CEB, formally known as SHL, was a UK-based psychometric test developer providing international online services. Their tests are used by employers to evaluate and compare a number of abilities in job candidates and cover numerical reasoning tests, verbal reasoning tests, diagrammatic reasoning tests, inductive reasoning tests, personality questionnaires, and motivation questionnaires delivered either online or on paper. The company operates in over 30 languages, deploys solutions in over 150 countries and maintains a presence in over 50 countries, and is a trusted partner to 90% of the Fortune 500, nearly 75% of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and over 85% of the FTSE 100.
CEB was acquired by Gartner in April 2017 in a $2.6bn deal. On July 16, 2018, the CEB brand was phased out and fully integrated into Gartner. The SHL tests remain as a psychometric tool, now under the branch of Gartner.
CEB SHL Cognitive and Aptitude Tests
CEB SHL tests are formulated in order to provide a deep understanding of candidates applying for job positions through an objective approach to assessing multiple characteristics for multivariate analysis of numerous facets.
Prepterminal has produced comprehensive course content for those looking to practice for their SHL assessment. Making use of text/video modules in order to build a deep understanding of every component of the test along with mock assessments in order to benchmark progress, our test preparation pack is a one-stop shop to test success. Get started with our SHL test prep packages in order to get one step closer to your dream job.
SHL tests are available to employers for use at every level of position, ranging from entry-level administration to senior executive roles. SHL tests may also be used for the purpose of developing existing staff – it is not only a tool for selection/assessment. The most widely used tests of the SHL suite of aptitude tests are the SHL Verify range of tests, including but not limited to:
1. SHL Numerical Reasoning Tests
These tests assess a candidate’s capability when faced with numerical, statistical, financial, and graphical data, and their ability when required to make deductions based on that data. The questions in these tests are applied to the job position in question, meaning that they are formulated to accurately represent real challenges that may arise in the workplace. The SHL Verify Numerical Reasoning Test consists of 18 questions and lasts between 17-25 minutes depending on the job level being applied for.
2. SHL Verbal Reasoning Tests
These tests gauge a candidate’s ability to understand and form logical deductions based on verbal/written data. In a majority of cases, some written information that is relevant to the workplace is given to the candidate, who is required to answer questions based on this information. The SHL verbal reasoning tests consist of 30 questions and typically last 17-19 minutes depending on the job level being applied for.
3. SHL Inductive Reasoning Tests
These tests assess a candidate’s ability to solve problems on their feet and deal with unfamiliar information. More abstract questions are posed to the candidate, requiring a degree of skill in conceptual and analytical thought, often involving shapes and patterns. In essence, the candidate needs to demonstrate an ability to draw inferences and identify relationships between various abstract concepts, outside of learned knowledge. The SHL Verify Inductive Reasoning Test consists of 24 questions and is 25 minutes long.
4. SHL Mechanical Reasoning Tests
These tests measure a candidate’s understanding of basic mechanical and physical principles, and the application of these principles to devices such as pulleys, gears, and levers. This test draws a random set of questions for the candidate from a very large item bank in order to ensure that there is no chance of previous exposure to that exact test. The SHL Mechanical Reasoning Tests last for 25 minutes.
5. SHL Reading Comprehension Tests
These tests gauge a candidate’s ability to comprehend written sources so that they may extract relevant information and make relevant judgments on the basis of this information. The SHL Reading Comprehension Tests consist of 18 questions and typically last for 10 minutes.
6. SHL Deductive Reasoning Tests
These tests measure a candidate’s ability to draw logical conclusions based on a given premise. These tests commonly feature questions delivered in the form of premises establishing some logical constraints, requiring the candidate to select a statement that is consistent with said logical constraints or to state the truthfulness of a given statement in relation to the premise.
SHL Management and Graduate Item Bank (MGIB)
This is a collection of tests aimed at graduate and management level positions, assessing multiple facets of a candidate’s skills at a higher difficulty level than the standard Verify tests. The tests included are verbal, numerical, and productive thinking ability tests. The verbal reasoning test has a time limit of 25 minutes, the numerical reasoning test limit is 35 minutes, and the productive thinking ability test comes with a 32-minute time limit.
In addition to these tests, SHL produces a number of tailor-made tests for companies based on specifications relevant to the job role, in order to achieve an extreme level of accuracy when assessing a candidate’s fit for a job role. As these tests are made exactly to specification for a given job role, they often assess multiple reasoning abilities within the same test for a comprehensive understanding of the candidate’s suitability for the job.
Whichever SHL Test you need to take, Prepterminal offers a range of comprehensive course materials in order to ensure increased success in this range of tests. Featuring text/video-based modules and mock assessments as formulated by our expert psychometricians, our SHL Test preparation packs offer a ground-up approach to learning all the concepts contained within the exams in order to achieve a fundamental understanding of the test content. Our mock SHL assessments provide the opportunity to benchmark your success as you improve your ability to pass this test with ease. If you wish to overcome the challenges posed by the SHL test without worry, sign up for our course material today.
SHL Assessment Test Prep Course
- Intro and Strategy1 step, 2 minutes
- 1/2/3/4 Operations3 steps - 25 minutes
- Rates & Proportion2 steps - 20 minutes
- Ratio2 steps - 25 minutes
- Tables2 steps - 20 minutes
- Currency Exchange2 steps - 30 minutes
- Percentages2 steps - 20 minutes
- SHL Numerical Reasoning Test4 steps - 1 hour 20 minutesApply your mathematical learning in 4 full-length practice tests.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Formal Logic3 steps - 25 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning2 steps - 25 minutes
- Analogies2 steps - 20 minutes
- Antonyms3 steps - 25 minutes
- SHL Verbal Reasoning Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your verbal reasoning learning in a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Non-Verbal Analogies3 steps - 30 minutesLearn how to interpret visual analogies by applying rules and transformations present in one image transition to another pair of images.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Inductive Reasoning3 steps - 30 minutesLearn how to identify a series of changes occurring over a number of steps to identify the final image in the sequence.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Spatial Awareness2 steps - 25 minutesLearn how to identify an unspecified feature shared by two images, and identify which answer shares or does not share that feature.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Inductive Reasoning/Spatial Awareness Full Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your abstract reasoning learning with a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Mechanical Reasoning10 steps - 1 hour 30 minutesLearn the mechanical knowledge required in the SHL Mechanical Reasoning test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Mechanical Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your mechanical learning in a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Checking Tests6 steps - 40 minutes
- SHL Full Practice Test3 steps, 1 hour
- Verify G+ Full Tests2 steps, 40 minutes
- SHL Verify Interactive TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Personality Assessment1 step - 40 minutesLearn how the personality assessment measures you and how to present yourself in the best way possible.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Personality Assessment - Written Guide
- SHL OPQ Supporting and Cooperating Trait
- SHL OPQ Organizing and Executing Trait
- SHL OPQ Leading and Deciding Trait
- SHL OPQ Interacting and Presenting Trait
- SHL OPQ Enterprising and Performing Trait
- SHL OPQ Creating and Conceptualizing Trait
- SHL OPQ Analyzing and Interpreting Trait
- SHL OPQ Adapting and Coping Trait
- BONUS Interview Prep Video Guide1 step, 10 minutesFind out the best common interview practice and how you can get yourself into the best possible headspace on the big day.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
CEB SHL Scoring
SHL tests are graded on the basis of performance percentiles, meaning that a candidate’s success is relative to the performance of others in the same industry and job position who have previously taken the test, making the tests an excellent tool for benchmarking the potential of candidates relative to those already in the industry. SHL defines two categories of norm groups for assessment: Industry and Job Level:
- Accountancy & Financial
- Public Service
- Telecom & Media
- Industry & Manufacturing
- Law & Legal
- Pharma, Science & Healthcare
- Managerial & Professional
- Junior Management
- Junior Customer Contact
- Senior Customer Contact
- Skilled Technology
- Skilled Technical
- Semi-Skilled Technical
Using these two dimensions for the definition of norm groups, a candidate is assessed based on their industry and level, and percentile grading is used to assess for a fit to that particular job level in that particular industry, where the 50th percentile is the mean and median level, with higher percentiles being more favorable (for instance, being in the 80th percentile means one has outperformed 80% of candidates) and lower percentiles being less favorable.
CEB SHL Percentile Grading
|A||Well Above Average||99-92|
|E||Well Below Average||8-1|
Grading for percentiles is given below:
In essence, this grading system allows companies to seek out those who are in categories B and C in order to ensure the recruitment and development of only good and exceptional candidates while eliminating those who are mediocre or poor.
In order to ensure that you are seen by prospective employers as good or exceptional, it is highly advised to take the time to prepare for the SHL range of tests. Prepterminal’s course content is ideal for those looking to refine their skills and pass from yellow to green. When applying an SHL test to prospective employees, employers won’t be giving second chances. Take a step in the right direction by using our preparation packs and get all the practice you need in advance so that when you enter the real thing you are not going in blind. Get one step closer to your dream job with Prepterminal, and reap the rewards of preparedness.
*Note: SHL and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with PrepTerminal or this website.
QQuincey JInformative for the subjectHelpful to understand the right answers
lliam m.Good contentgood content
OOliver W.Worth the money!I didn't believe that a $64 course will help me get the job, but here it is! This course improved my test results by about 40%!!! Awesome!!!
WWilliam C.Very thorough!It's a huge relief to go through such a fleshed out course for this test. The real SHL test I took was MUCH easier because I prepared with this course. If anything, I even felt overprepared in some ways! The personality test module was a nice addition too. Thanks Prepterminal!
KKaren S.Got the job!I didn't realize the SHL test would be so difficult, but this course helped me to prepare quickly. I passed my test and got the job!
CCarlos S.Extremely worth money spend!!For those which are in doubt about to purchase or not the course I do really recommend. It covers all SHL tests subjects. Thank you prep team!
GGeorge R.Amazing Prep. for TestThis is a very good source to prepare for the SHL Test i purchased it before he test by 5 days and i find it a very good source to know the type of questions you will face in the test, it is really a good source and worth the money you pay for it
OOliver W.Did well on the testI was a tragedy on the practice test, but after I took the course I improved my result significantly and actually managed to pass the real test!